Tuesday 9 November 2010

When Brands get it right

I love grass roots creativity and i think that some of the most exciting and clever things I have seen have come from tiny little groups that have just sparked into life and put on an exhibition or something similar. Sometimes BIG brands try to get involved in similar things and mostly I'd say they get it wrong, but at the moment there is one brand that's doing it and doing it very well. Levi's are currently running workshops around the globe, and the latest one is here in New York. It's incredible. They have done a similar "workshop" in London and San Fran, which I believe was equally successful, at least this video makes it seem so...





The New York workshop is exciting me because I think photography and Autumn go hand in hand. At the store you can hire vintage cameras and snap away, then go back to have them developed. On top of that they have talks and exhibitions from some of the best in the industry. All this for absolutely bloody free! All in all it sounds like a cool creative spot. I will be down there on Saturday and hiring a camera. Now don't you worry my loves, I will update this page with pictures of how it looks etc. In the meantime go and have a look at the site and what you can do.

http://workshops.levi.com

No comments: